The list of accolades for BBG’s Visitor Center is growing as steadily as its green roof. We are delighted to announce that it has just achieved a Gold rating by the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) program.
Recognized early on—even before it opened!—as an inspired example of innovative and sustainable design, the Visitor Center has allowed BBG to expand the Garden’s activities year-round while underscoring our commitment to education, horticulture, community, and conservation.
- Winner, AIA Institute Honor Award for Architecture, 2014
- Winner, Chicago Athenaeum, International Architecture Award, 2013
- Winner, Chicago Athenaeum, American Architecture Award, 2013
- Winner, AIA New York State, Design Award, 2013
- Finalist, World Architecture Festival, Display Category, 2013
- Winner, The Municipal Art Society MASterworks Award: Best New Urban Amenity, 2013
- Winner, Building Brooklyn Awards (Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce) National Grid Award for Energy Efficiency, 2013
- Winner, NY American Society of Landscape Architects, Landscape and Living Roof, 2013
- Second Place, World-Architects.com Building of the Year, 2013
- Winner, Architect Magazine Annual Design Review, Bond Category, 2012
- Winner, Green Architecture: Chicago Athenaeum Green Good Design Award, 2012
- Winner, Engineering News Record (ENR) New York, Best Projects, 2012
- Finalist, Architizer A+ Awards, Landscape-Parks, 2012
- Winner, Excellence in Design, New York City Public Design Commission Award, 2009